I’m generally not one for these things, but I like to try new things once in a while. Many thanks to Tumbling Words for the nomination! Without further ado, my answers to the questions posed to me:
1. Who is your favourite book character and why?
I’d have to go with Bill from Day of the Triffids. He’s a good, stand-up kind of guy, and just does sensible, believable things in an end-of-the-world scenario. And John Wyndham is a great writer.
2. Are you a ‘cup half full’ or ‘cup half empty’ person?
It depends on the day. The cup always is, at least, so that’s a bonus.
3. Who scares you more, Trump or Clinton?
I’m neither in, nor from, the U.S., so Trump.
4. What is your favourite comfort food?
Macaroni with lots of cheese and lots of ketchup.
5. Which piece of music lifts your spirits?
Bach: Art of the Fugue, and David Myles and Classified: Inner Ninja
6. What is your middle name?
I have a few.
7. What is your favourite quote?
I’m not a big quote person; I generally think it takes a bit more words than a typical quote to really express something well.
8. Do you believe there is something after death?
A complicated question. Yes and no.
9. Which period in history would you most like to live in?
I like the current one. Every time I read of anything, oh, pre-1950s, they always seem to be more sickly, more lice- and bug-infested.
10. Who/what do you love most in your life?
I’m married, so my partner is pretty much the bee’s knees.
11. What makes you cry, and why?
Ill-considered people, bad drivers, anti-vaxxers, and a host of other social sadnesses.
And my nominations:
What you have to do:
Nominate up to 11 other bloggers yourself (preferably those with fewer than 500 followers, this is more of a newbie award)
Provide those bloggers with 11 questions of your own for them to answer
Don’t forget to put the Liebster Award sticker on your blog!
And here are the 11 questions for you!
- What are you currently reading?
- How is it?
- What’s something you do for fun?
- What epoch in history would you most like to visit?
- Which piece of music lifts your spirits?
- Do you have a pet? If so, what, and what’s his/her name?
- What is your favourite piece of writing?
- Do you believe there is something after death?
- Do you have any heroes, real of fictional?
- Where’s your favourite place?
- What makes you happy, and why?